Stockholm Sweden Mission

Stockholm Sweden Mission

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Provo Missionary Training Center

Syster Lund and Syster Hong
All Sweden Bound Missionaries


Just in case you didn't know where Sweden is.

Best Companion Ever

The huddle...

The Systers are here.

Study Time

Twins by accident

Showing off the haircut.

One Month Mark!

Practicing kick-boxing moves


Twins again...

Tomorrow, February 16, marks the big departure day for Syster LUND and all the other missionaries heading to Stockholm, Sweden.  After six weeks of language training, she is excited to start her mission.

WEEK 1 QUOTE:  "If you are in your comfort zone you are not growing, and if you are in your growth zone you won't be comfortable."

WEEK 2 QUOTE:  "It is sooooo hard to be a missionary but it is SO REWARDING. I love having the Spirit with me always and I know that the trials and challenges I face will build character and help me better teach the gospel to people. I just love it...Just a quick thought: PRAY ALWAYS. I have prayed so much since I have been here and it is so great. It's wonderful to know that Himmelske Fader is really there to hear us and answer our prayers. But in order for him to answer them, we need to have a sincere heart - meaning that whatever the answer may be, we have to be willing to act on that answer. Just keep that in mind."

WEEK 3 QUOTE:  Life is so great here, I love being a missionary! Times get hard and gloomy sometimes, but I know my purpose well enough to know that there is a reason I am here. Thanks to you, Dad, I have not even ONCE considered going home. The thought hasn't even crossed my mind and I am so grateful for that!! We had a lot of great talks this week (Brother Allen and Elder Kacher) but I just want to share one thought. I've really been trying to develop more Christ-like attributes as I continue through my mission and to help me with that, Sister Johnson (Relief Society) said, "Seek the attention of men not by being a character, but by having good character." And that is exactly what I am striving to do.

WEEK 4 QUOTE:  Life is going onward and upward! A thought I really liked this week was that we have "One shot, so make it count". We have one shot on earth, one shot to be a parent, one shot to be a friend and for me, one shot to be a missionary. I want to make this shot count BIG TIME. It motivates me to be more focused on that shot knowing that I am not here for myself but for the people in Sweden who's well-being and eternal life I hold in my hands.

WEEK 5 QUOTE: 

Something that I really liked this week is actually a talk that I read from Elder Holland that he gave at the MTC a few years back. He told a story of how he was on a rag tag basketball team that made it to the finals and that although they were down their coach pulled them aside and said essentially this, "I know you are giving it your all, I can see that. But these next 20 minutes are the most important in this game. We can rest all we want after that, but for these next 20 minutes I need you to go out there and give it everything you have, put it all on the table." And that is exactly what I am striving to do. I don't want to leave anything behind. I want to give this mission my all in every way I possibly can. The more I consecrate myself, the better missionary I can become and the more I can help people to have the same joy we have in the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment