Stockholm Sweden Mission

Stockholm Sweden Mission

Saturday, March 11, 2017

This week I was struggling with some major decisions in my life. I thought that I had my life in order and everything was going according to my plan. Within a week, everything changed and I was suddenly questioning my purpose behind each decision I had already made. I started thinking about my future and my outlook on life and my perspective had changed based on recent happenings. I realized that I had been living my life (since being home from my mission) according to my desires and wants. I had to take a step back and realize that I needed to realign my will with the will of the Lord.

When Jesus is suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, he begs the father to remove the bitter cup but then takes a step back adding, "Nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done" (Luke 22:42).

As we all go through life it is very important to align our will with the will of the Lord. Though sometimes hard to grasp and understand, God has a plan for each and every one of us in this life. In fact, His plan extends past this life and into eternity. I know that had I not trusted in the Lord and His plan throughout my life, I would not be where I am today. Sometimes we just need a small reminder of the love that God has for each and every one of us and how he only wants the best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment