Stockholm Sweden Mission

Stockholm Sweden Mission

Thursday, February 2, 2017

In my scripture study this week, I read in 1 Nephi and was able to relate to many of the chapters and verses. A passage that I really enjoyed is found in 1 Nephi 10:18-19.
"For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is perpared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him. For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round" (1 Nephi 10:18-19)

Now that the semester is starting to speed up and classes are starting to get more and more stressful, it is so important to keep an eternal perspective on things. For me I have be able to realize that everything happens for a reason and that the sooner I align my will with the will of God the better. I especially like how this verse refers to how the course of the Lord is one eternal round. It shows that God is the same forever, and that he is never-changing. His doctrine is going to be the same today, tomorrow, and forever. 

The 9th Article of Faith states, "We believe all that God has revealed, all that he does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the kingdom of God". 

God is forever the same. He understands and comprehends all the things that we can't understand in this point of our eternal progression. This is something that I can apply to my life everyday. As I remember the importance of the daily things, and execute them, I can draw closer to the Lord and understand His higher purposes. I can more easily recognize His hand in my life and I can grow in my testimony of the Plan of Salvation and the work in these latter-days.

No comments:

Post a Comment