Stockholm Sweden Mission

Stockholm Sweden Mission

Thursday, February 9, 2017

This past week I had the opportunity to attend our weekly campus devotional. This week, Elder Cook came and talked about choices we make. Though the whole devotional was very uplifting, there was one line that caught be completely by surprise. He said something along the lines of (the text isn't out yet) how marriage is more important than education right now in our lives. 
I was taken back completely. While marriage is in my plans that I have for myself, I always put education first. It was almost as if Elder Cook was slapping me with a cold fish as a wake-up call. 
I pondered this thought throughout the rest of the day and I really struggled to agree completely with his point. I thought it was a tough thing to ask of us at such a young age and so inexperienced. Perhaps it's because my parents both graduated before they got married. Marriage was NOT a priority in my life. 
I inquired of the Lord and read the scripture 1 Nephi 14:3 which encouraged me further to continue asking God for understanding.
I read my scriptures that night and learned about how Laman and Lemuel complained and claimed that God asked hard things of them. I was started to feel guilty and then was finally called out entirely for my faults in a verse I read. It says, "If we were righteous and were willing to hearken to the truth, and give heed unto it, that ye might walk uprightly before God, then ye would not murmur because of the truth, and say: Thou speakest hard things against us"(1 Nephi 16:3)
What a true and everlasting principle that is. Being righteous enough to give heed unto direction once you hear it. Though it is important to ask God for clarification or further confirmation, it is important that we do not murmur against the Lord's servants. 
After this experience, I have come to know that if I have any questions or doubts, I need to take it to the Lord. Sooner than later, the Lord will reveal unto me the things that I need to know at that certain point in my life. This is something that we can all apply into our lives as we continue to seek to align our will with God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment