Stockholm Sweden Mission

Stockholm Sweden Mission

Thursday, February 16, 2017

This week I was reading in the Book of Mormon in 1 Nephi 19 and stumbled upon a scripture that I loved and connected with my freshman year of high school. The scripture reads, "And I did read many things unto them which were written in the books of Moses but that I might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer I did read unto them that which was written by the prophet Isaiah; for I did liken all scriptures unto us, that it might be for our profit and learning" (1 Nephi 19:23). 
In various points of my life I have received Priesthood blessings that have emphasized the importance of reading the scriptures and applying the principles into my life. Recently, I have tried to put added emphasis on the application of my scripture studies. It is one thing to read the scriptures, it's another thing to truly study them, and it's another thing to apply the principles learned into our lives. 
Life gets busy and we all get caught up in the day to day bustle of school, friends, activities etc that can distract us from other important things in our life. It is so key to have a balance in all things - including spiritual matters and habits. When we apply gospel principles and doctrines into our life, we can make our life more rich and meaningful. In doing so, we will find greater ability to balance life's challenges and face them with the courage the gospel brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment